Recipe: Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Recipes using McCormick Organic Thyme
Price Each: $7.99USD
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Ingredients
- 1 lb smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 (16oz) cans tomatoes
- 2cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsps oregano
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups long grain coverted rice, washed
- 3 lbs raw shrimp
To make Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
- In 4 qt heavy pan, saute sausage; remove with slotted spoon.
- Add oil to drippings and saute green pepper, garlic, and celery for 5 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and reserve liquid.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, broth, and onions.
- Stir in spices.
- Add rice which has been washed and rinsed three times.
- Add sausuage and cook 30 minutes, covered, over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After most liquid has been absorbed by rice, add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Transfer mixture to an oblong baking dish.
- Bake approx 25 minutes at 350° F.
Makes 10 servings of Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Shipping Cost Est