Feb 16  # 66 of 170
Thanks, for telling me your ingredients. I have cumin and paprika. I don't have Mexican oregano. I have Italian seasoning. I just started doing this using my own blends of spices, that I usually buy poaches already mixed. I just bought some fresh garlic and using it in different dishes. I'm trying to eat better, it's a challenge. Thanks again, your taco's sound Good. Cookie :)
Feb 17  # 67 of 170
Cookie you won't go wrong using your own spice mix! Especially in Taco and Chili , the Cumin gives a real authentic Mexican taste to your recipe along with all the others you mentioned. I for years was dependent upon the store bought and just in the past few years really realized I did not need them:) Do not worry about the mexican oregano regular oregano will work fine if you decide to use it at all, it is not necessary for taco meat or chili, it is only if you want to add it. The real important things are the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder and all the others you mentioned. Just enjoy having fun experimenting, I know you will:)

Bon Apetite!

Cathy
Feb 17  # 68 of 170
I agree Cathy, I almost always make my own spice blends, cajun, mexican, morrocan, chili powder etc and I'm never sorry I did. You are right regular oregano will work just fine. I use Mexican oregano just because I have it. I grew it last summer and dried it for the winter.
Feb 17  # 69 of 170
I have cumin a small jar, I forgot it in the taco's. I always use it in chili. It really does add a nice flavor. Thanks again, Cookie :)
Feb 18  # 70 of 170
Made a pot roast w/ onions, taters & carrots and rich gravy on Sunday night, and reheated leftovers Monday night- then made a pot of beef barley soup tonight- which I'll freeze part of and will enjoy at least another night or 2 this week...