Feb 20  # 81 of 170
Tomorrow Im making a big batch of eggrolls. I like to load them with ground sirloin, shrimp, shredded cabbage, shredded carrot, grilled green onion, minced celery, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and a splash of fish sauce.
Feb 21  # 82 of 170
I'm way jealous of Cathy's/Eddie's fried shrimp, cookie's Mexican, janie's eggrolls, IC's manicotti, and jfain's venison w/ cherry sauce! (jfain, I was the chef at the Fairbanks Princess Hotel in the mid-90's and on the menu I had Tournedoes of Venison, trimmed from the tenderloin in petite medallions, served atop crunchy/buttery rosemary-garlic croutons w/ a sauce of demi, cognac, dried cherries and a swirl of whole butter. YUM!)

Why am I SO jealous of ya'lls menus tonight? Because for the 4th night straight I had re-heated BEEF BARLEY SOUP! AGGGHHH!
Feb 21  # 83 of 170
Quote chubbyalaskagriz wrote:
I'm way jealous of Cathy's/Eddie's fried shrimp, cookie's Mexican, janie's eggrolls, IC's manicotti, and jfain's venison w/ cherry sauce! (jfain, I was the chef at the Fairbanks Princess Hotel in the mid-90's and on the menu I had Tournedoes of Venison, trimmed from the tenderloin in petite medallions, served atop crunchy/buttery rosemary-garlic croutons w/ a sauce of demi, cognac, dried cherries and a swirl of whole butter. YUM!)

Why am I SO jealous of ya'lls menus tonight? Because for the 4th night straight I had re-heated BEEF BARLEY SOUP! AGGGHHH!

That's just almost exactly how I made mine too. I butcher my own deer so I cut the prettiest litte tenderloin, tied it browned it all over in a skillet then in the oven and once it was 120 in the middle (very pink but not bloody) I cut it into petite medalions. They were so pretty. No croutons for me but for the sauce I did a sauce of Red wine, demi, dried cherries and about a Tbls of butter to finish it off. I wish I had taken a picture.

Sorry about the beef and barley soup rut. Maybe try a nice salad with it to give you some difference in texture? That is if you are done with the pot yet. Personally I love soup and if it's good (meaning not from a can) then I can eat the same soup happily every day for a week.
Feb 21  # 84 of 170
RE: "beef and barley soup rut"

Well- the soup actually was/is delicious... it's just that I cooked a huge pot and even after freezing some- I still had to eat a bowl each night just to deplete it all! The good news is, I ate the final bowl of it tonight, and tomorrow I'm having a friend over and we'll order-in Thai... then Sunday I'm having family over for a Mexican spread to include chicken tacos and shrimp/scallops fajitas... along with butterscotch-meringue pie and pineapple upside-down cake requested by my Dad...
Feb 21  # 85 of 170
Quote chubbyalaskagriz wrote:

Kevin,

Now I have to be a smart azz here, and ask why in the heck did you not freeze single servings of that soup for future occassions? Instead of trying to eat it all up until you are sick of it:confused:

Do I need to mail you a box of freezer containers;) Really I wouldn't mind:rolleyes:

Love ya', Cathy;)

P.S.
OK and now I will rub a little salt in the wound for good measure (at least until you learn your lesson) our meal tonight was Fried Mushrooms, Buttermilk Battered Freid Cube steaks, Mac & Cheese, green & white baby lima beans, & homemade buttermilk biscuits!

OK I am going for now, before you decide to throw a rock at my head for being such a wise-guy! hee-hee