Mar 6  # 156 of 170
I made herb chicken noodle soup to send to my sick five year old niece tomorrow. For Jon and I we had baked pepperoni rigatoni with pizza hut style bread sticks. I still have to make my niece some fresh bread to send along with her soup.
Mar 6  # 157 of 170
We are going through meatless Fridays for Lent. I made deep dish pizzas for dinner. I made 1 cheese, 1 with an olive topping, 1 with fresh green peppers and red onions slices and chopped garlic. My son is home for spring break so I was able to make one with mushrooms. I sauteed portabella slices in a vinaigrette with Italian seasonings and then used them for the topping. My pizza sauce is from my canned tomatoes. I throw a pint of tomatoes into the processor with chopped garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, some thyme, salt and pepper and then process. I drizzle in about 1/4 cup of olive oil and emulsify it into the tomatoes. I baked the pizzas in cake pans and 1 cast iron skillet. I put a few tablespoons of olive oil in each pan before putting the dough into them and the crust when done has like a fried texture to it. Everyone here loves them that way.
Mar 6  # 158 of 170
Today was a really nice sunny day, we went out for lunch had stuffed tilapia, with rice pilaf and tomato-salsa, zucchini strips with sweet red pepper strips and then shrimp with scallops in cream sauce and another rice creamy dish, we shared. They made at the table, fresh guacamole, they put red onion chopped , garlic, fresh tomatoes, lime juice, fresh orange juice, cilantro, peppers-hot. MM, so Good! My Nieces gave us the gift card for Christmas, we finally got to use it.

It was such a Great Day for a Margarita! :p

For Saturday nights dinner I made shells with pesto, out of a jar (classico).
sliced up smocked turkey sausage with garlic, Texas Toast. I got a bag of lite Caesar salad to go with it. Cookie :)

:) Hey, Ironic Chef Your pizza sounds delicious! Cookie :)
Mar 7  # 159 of 170
So does a Margarita Cookie :p
Mar 7  # 160 of 170
Per IC's lead, Friday Night I made beef stew served under a light, flaky biscuit crust. After reading his post yesterday, I was hungry for this all day today, so tonight I pulled a quart ziplock containing bits of prime rib "scrap" from the freezer and that's exactly what I made! YUM!

Saturday Night it's supper for my young finicky nephew and his grandparents (my sister's in-laws) so my menu will be geared toward Layne's tastes: summer "scroodle" pasta salad, day-pickles, marmalade-glazed drumsticks, ranch-seasoned jo-jo wedges, blackberry-lemonade and ice-cream sandiwches.