Feb 5  # 16 of 170
Quote jglass wrote:
My sister and her family took me along to Outback Steakhouse last night.
I had tbone steak, baked potato and salad. I also had the country style lemonade with pomegranate syrup and shrimp on the barbie appetizer. Then we hit up Walmart and I helped her pick out tons of clothes and toys for my nieces. Needless to say they had gotten their tax refund yesterday lol. She bought me a red Tramontina 6.5 quart dutch oven from Walmart. We had a good time.

I love seeing folks splurge during Refund Season:) Sounds like you all had a terrific time and that was so nice of her to include you!!!

Another Bright Note:
Maybe this spending spree time of the year will help boost our sagging economy. :)
Feb 5  # 17 of 170
Yeah there were alot of other people in there spending their refunds. I loved getting to pick out cute clothes for the kids. Her oldest is five and skinny as a rail. She has her Daddy's metabolism lol. We got strawberry shortcake shoes, carebear, tinkerbell and my little pony tshirts and sweatshirts. Found adorable jeans and she picked them out cute socks and hair accesories. It is hard to find things for kids without Hannah Montanna or High School Musical all over them. They had a lot with Spong Bob on them but their Mom and I both hate that show. It is not anything I would let kids watch.
I even got the Mama to get herself some clothes before she left lol.

Today for dinner I think Im going to use leftover roast beef and make a big pot of beef stew. Ill break in that new dutch oven and while Im at it Ill make enough stew for us, Jon's Dad and even send my sister some.

Cathy would you mind telling me one more time how you make your shrimp pot pies? I got some precooked salad shrimp and the store and some med and large shrimp that is not cooked.
Feb 5  # 18 of 170
You Go Girl!! Good for u had a Great time at WALMART!.

I made my own Tuna salad with mozzarella and tomato on wheat toasted bread today, so- good!

I'm trying not to eat past 7:30. I Love to eat at night but I'm going to kick the habit and eat Breakfast instead,

WISH ME LUCK!! Cookie :)
Feb 6  # 19 of 170
janie- your Walmart adventure sounds FUN! And that T-Bone? Dang, girl! I ain't had one in far too long! Give me a big ol T-Bone or a Porterhouse and a salad and I'm set!
Feb 6  # 20 of 170
We had fun. My sis was getting the chicken and I said uh..I eat chicken all the time lol.
If Im eating out and your paying I want a big fat flintstone looking steak. Yaba Daba Doo!