What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner Tonight? (2-2-09)

jglass

This morning I made some chocolate chip cookies. Around 3pm I fried up a chicken I had cut up and marinaded in buttermilk, hot sauce, garlic, salt and lots of pepper. Im making some potato wedges with roasted garlic dip to have with it and some salad. Will probably have leftover chicken with some buttermilk mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch tomorrow.
Im wierd but I love to drizzle a little garlic red wine vinegar over my fried chicken. Jon hates the smell of vinegar lol.

If it's not to late, can I come for dinner??? :)
Sounds delish. I was thinking about making some
fruit and nut cookies today, but never got around to it.

Yum, chocolate my favorite thing I can't live without lol.... I was a LAZY girl today I had combination chop suey out with Mom. It was really Good. I'm really hating winter, I fell today almost hit my stupid head.. Oh well it's such a Monday. I think I will get a Crash helmet next. Cookie :)

Made Dijon Chicken breasts over rice, a Chef Salad, Broc & Caul with Parm cheese.

Last night we went out for dinner to celebrate Ground Hog day! I love Ground Hog Day. It's like a promise that spring will happen sometime in the future, really it will if I can just hold on till then. I had a garden salad and risotto with Shrimp. Next month my crocus will be up and once that happens we are on a roll.

I'm OK today sore a little, but moving so that's GOOD!! The ice melted and the SUN is shining so that's a plus!! Cookie :)

Glad your ok Cookie!
Today I put a sirloin roast in the crockpot with some french onion soup, beef consomme, beef broth, bay leaf, garlic, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper. It makes a wonderful Au jus. Normally sirloin roast is not in my budget but my older brother came by and brought it to me. He had been shopping at Wal Mart lol. He came by to get the greens, cornbread and fried potatoes he asked me to make so I guess we traded. I cut the two breasts I fried yesterday off the bone and sliced them up for him. I topped them with some chicken gravy I made.

Glad you're feeling a little better Cookie!

Tonight I am baking my famous homemade Shrimp Pot Pie! Served witha side dish of sliced avacado wedges!

Thanks, for your concern. I stayed in all day today. I'm still sore :eek: I had left over Chinese for today. I made angel wheat pasta, with Italian meatballs with a loaf of garlic bread with cream mushroom sauce for tomorrow. Shrimp pot pie sounds really Good Cathy.
Janie, your dinner sounds delicious. Talk to you, Cookie :)

Everyone's meals sound so yum-yum!

Tuesdays I almost always get Popeye's chicken 'cause here they have their 99-cent thigh/leg special.

Wednesday I'm having my Dad & his wife over and am making one of his fav meals: pork spare ribs & braised cabbage, au gratin potatoes, green beans almondine, caraway-rye rolls, and warm apple crisp.

ooo Chubs I love spare ribs. My grandmother used to make them every year for my birthday. I used to eat them till I thought my stomach would explode!

Tonight I'm doing yellow tomato soup (from my summer tomatoes in the freezer), barrumundi with herbs with "creamed" cabbage and cauliflower.

My sister and her family took me along to Outback Steakhouse last night.
I had tbone steak, baked potato and salad. I also had the country style lemonade with pomegranate syrup and shrimp on the barbie appetizer. Then we hit up Walmart and I helped her pick out tons of clothes and toys for my nieces. Needless to say they had gotten their tax refund yesterday lol. She bought me a red Tramontina 6.5 quart dutch oven from Walmart. We had a good time.

My sister and her family took me along to Outback Steakhouse last night.
I had tbone steak, baked potato and salad. I also had the country style lemonade with pomegranate syrup and shrimp on the barbie appetizer. Then we hit up Walmart and I helped her pick out tons of clothes and toys for my nieces. Needless to say they had gotten their tax refund yesterday lol. She bought me a red Tramontina 6.5 quart dutch oven from Walmart. We had a good time.

I love seeing folks splurge during Refund Season:) Sounds like you all had a terrific time and that was so nice of her to include you!!!

Another Bright Note:
Maybe this spending spree time of the year will help boost our sagging economy. :)

Yeah there were alot of other people in there spending their refunds. I loved getting to pick out cute clothes for the kids. Her oldest is five and skinny as a rail. She has her Daddy's metabolism lol. We got strawberry shortcake shoes, carebear, tinkerbell and my little pony tshirts and sweatshirts. Found adorable jeans and she picked them out cute socks and hair accesories. It is hard to find things for kids without Hannah Montanna or High School Musical all over them. They had a lot with Spong Bob on them but their Mom and I both hate that show. It is not anything I would let kids watch.
I even got the Mama to get herself some clothes before she left lol.

Today for dinner I think Im going to use leftover roast beef and make a big pot of beef stew. Ill break in that new dutch oven and while Im at it Ill make enough stew for us, Jon's Dad and even send my sister some.

Cathy would you mind telling me one more time how you make your shrimp pot pies? I got some precooked salad shrimp and the store and some med and large shrimp that is not cooked.

Tax Refund!

You Go Girl!! Good for u had a Great time at WALMART!.

I made my own Tuna salad with mozzarella and tomato on wheat toasted bread today, so- good!

I'm trying not to eat past 7:30. I Love to eat at night but I'm going to kick the habit and eat Breakfast instead,

WISH ME LUCK!! Cookie :)

Last edited:
janie- your Walmart adventure sounds FUN! And that T-Bone? Dang, girl! I ain't had one in far too long! Give me a big ol T-Bone or a Porterhouse and a salad and I'm set!

We had fun. My sis was getting the chicken and I said uh..I eat chicken all the time lol.
If Im eating out and your paying I want a big fat flintstone looking steak. Yaba Daba Doo!

Back