Mar 4  # 141 of 170
Whenever I think of meat pies I recall the movie I had seen with Johnny Depp and he was a barber slasher. The bodies were used for very famous meat pies. Elton Brown claims to be the great grandson of the man that married the woman that actually made the pies and was the one with the original meat pie recipe and had brought it to the states.
I don't know what that has got to do with dinner tonight, I would avoid them meat pies, lol.
Mar 4  # 142 of 170
I cut up a whole chicken. Seasoned it with sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Then put it into my stovetop smoker for about 20-25 min to get a light smoke flavor on it. Then I dipped the pieces into buttermilk and then flour. Fried it up til crispy golden brown. I made some foccacia with garlic, parm cheese, carmelized onions and sundried tomatoes on top to have with it. I dipped my chicken into honey bbq sauce but Jon had his plain. We both thought it was yummy.
Mar 4  # 143 of 170
Quote jglass wrote:
I cut up a whole chicken. Seasoned it with sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Then put it into my stovetop smoker for about 20-25 min to get a light smoke flavor on it. Then I dipped the pieces into buttermilk and then flour. Fried it up til crispy golden brown. I made some foccacia with garlic, parm cheese, carmelized onions and sundried tomatoes on top to have with it. I dipped my chicken into honey bbq sauce but Jon had his plain. We both thought it was yummy.

Wow that does sound delicious Janie!!!

Eddie made us some oven-fried pork chops, spinach souflet, and tater rounds What a nice meal to come home to!!!!:p I love my husband, he is so wonderful!!! Not to mention a good cook too:D
Mar 4  # 144 of 170
I saw Eddie's pic. He is also handsome.
How do you make spinach souflet? I love spinach and so does my fil.

The chicken was really good but I got the apartment to hot. Between the smoker and the oven on making bread the AC froze up on me again. It is 11:44 pm and Jon and I have the heat on full blast to thaw it out so we can go to bed. I don't know whose bright idea it was to design a building with the intake for the ac about three feet from the stove.
Mar 5  # 145 of 170
janie and Cath (and Eddie) your suppers sound DELISH!

Don't know if I've ever mentioned it or not- but I like to make a creamed spincah gratin- all cheesy and savory. I make sure to make enuf to have leftovers- then next day I add cooked rice and more cheese and use the spinach/rice stuffing to fill chicken breasts, pocketed pork chops, or fish fillets. Always yummy!

Tonight my supper was an onion & swiss cheese omelet, buttered rye toast, a mango and some grapes.