A unique seasoning we carry at Spice Place is Durkee Lime Pepper Seasoning. We’re not aware of another seasoning like it and we use if for all sorts of recipes. Today, we’re making Lime Pepper Seasoned Chicken Wings.
Since we’re ALWAYS concerned about eating healthy, we have to add this part: Chicken wings are the fattiest part of a chicken so should be eaten in moderation. This recipe doesn’t add much fat to the wings (unlike buffalo wings which are often deep fried after being dipped in a fatty sauce.)
2 Pounds Chicken Wings, rinsed well
2 tbsp Durkee Lime Pepper Seasoning
1/2 cup Lime Juice
2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine Lime Pepper, Lime Juice and Olive Oil in a Pyrex cup.
- Place chicken wings in a large self closing (i.e. Ziploc®) bag.
- Pour seasoning mixture over wings.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more, turning over occasionally to allow flavor to permeate the wings.
- Heat oven to 475° F.
- Place Lime Pepper Seasoned Wings in a baking pan that has been covered with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil, and back another 20 minutes. Serve hot.