Using Lawry’s Mexican Rice Seasoning is a simple way to make a delicious seasoned rice in 20 minutes. While Lawry’s Mexican Rice Seasoning is a blend of Southwestern US (Mexican) Inspired Flavors, it’s spicy flavor lends well to the flavors of India equally well. So while this Mexican Flavor is great as a side dish for tacos, it’s equally well suited as a side dish to accompany Indian dishes such as Tandori Chicken.
Mexican Rice Wraps
Make a quick weeknight meal with Lawry’s Mexican Rice similar to Chipotle’s.
What you need:
- Prepared Lawry’s Mexican Rice
- Cooked Chicken (leftover Rotisserie Chicken works well)
- Sour Cream (low fat) or Guacamole
- Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Cheese Bland
- Jar of Taco Sauce
- Soft Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomato
To Make (Note: Don’t over stuff, a little of each ingredient will work fine):
- Chop up the chicken.
- Heat Tacos.
- Place some chicken in the wrap. Top with Mexican Rice and some taco sauce.
- Top with Lettuce and Tomato (if desired), and add cheese, sour cream (guacamole). Wrap Up.
- Serve with Mexican Rice on the side.
To Make a Stove Top Serving of Lawry’s Mexican Rice
- 3 tbsp Lawry’s Mexican Rice Seasoning
- 1 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- Add water, oil, and Lawry’s Mexican Rice Mix to a 2 quart sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice. Return to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes (until water is absorbed).
- Remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and then serve.