Easter means eggs and lots of color. Combine the two into a uniquely beautiful edible deviled egg dish that your guests will love to look at and enjoy eating.
Dyed Deviled Eggs
Ingredients List for Easter Dyed Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs (will yield 12 deviled eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick White Pepper Ground (won’t show black specks in your creamy yolks)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Dry Mustard Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Mediterranean Fine Grind Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- McCormick Smoked Paprika
- McCormick Red Food Color
- McCormick Blue Food Color
- McCormick Green Food Color
- McCormick Yellow Food Color
Preparation Instructions for Easter Dyed Deviled Eggs
Make Basic Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs into a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil.
- Let eggs boil for 3 minutes; turn off heat, cover pot, and let eggs cook in hot water for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain and cover eggs with cold water.
- Peel cooked hard boiled eggs as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
Prepare Cooked Eggs For Dyeing
- Cut hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise
- Carefully remove yolks.
- Place yolks in mixing bowl and set aside for now.
Dye the Egg Whites
- Carefully rinse the egg whites with cold water to remove any remaining egg yolk.
- Prepare a container for the dye solutions. Either use a heavy duty zipper style plastic bag or separate cups for each color you are using. Fill container with 3/4 cup cold water.
- Add food color drops to water to get desired color – see blending chart below. Use 10 or 15 drops of each color will be enough for each main color (red, blue, green, yellow).
- Place egg whites in colored water.
- Move egg whites around in colored water to evenly color the eggs and avoid light color spots on the egg whites.
- Leave the eggs whites in the solution for about 30 – 45 minutes. Once the desired color is achieved. The longer you leave the eggs in the dye solution the deeper the color they will have. Move to next section and prepare filling while eggs are soaking.
- Remove eggs and allow to drain on paper towels cut side down.
Mixing the Deviled Egg Filling:
- Mash egg yolks with a fork or a food processor. Making sure there are no lumps.
- Add McCormick White Pepper, McCormick Dry Mustard, salt and 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise to mashed egg yolks. Mix well.
- Add more mayonnaise to get desired consistency.
Final Assembly of Easter Dyed Deviled Eggs
- Spoon a heaping amount of egg yolk mixture into each egg white. Alternately, you may use a pastry bag to pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the tops with McCormick Smoked Paprika for flavor and presentation.
Place colored deviled eggs on plate and enjoy!
Food Color Blending – Use Equal Drops of Each Color
- red + blue = purple
- blue + yellow = green
- yellow + red = orange
- red + green = brown
- green + yellow = lime green
- blue + green = turquoise